Monday, November 19, 2012

Thing #14

Flow Charts vs. Mind Maps
Whats the difference?
At first I could not tell the difference between the two, but there are differences in them. A flow chart is a representation of the direction ideas should travel. A mind map shows certain relationships between different concepts. Below I have a flow chart and a mind map that I created using bubble.us and flowchart.com.

Mind Map

Flow Chart
The best example that I can use to show the idea of a flow chart would be the "Chain of Command" this is used to follow correct order in the Fire Department or emergency services, but you will use it in the education setting as well.

I don't have a certain reason on why I chose flowchart.com or bubble.us. I found all of the sites to be useful in creating different ways to place your ideas. But since I need a reason, I thought these two sites give the most options on styles of templates, shapes and colors.









No comments:

Post a Comment